Thursday, April 3, 2008

150 Love Letters You Were Never Meant to See


150 Love Letters You Were Never Meant to See
by Bill Shapiro

This book makes me want to travel 3,000 miles away so I can run back to my old childhood room and dig through my closet to find my old love letters. I imagine staying up all night reliving old memories of young love- crazy, passionate, disillusioned love. I want to read all of my old journals chronicling each and every day of desire and anxiety, lusting after the quiet boy in the hallway. I want to relive those days in high school English class staring at "him" from across the room while discussing the works of Walt Whitman and William Wordsworth. I want to feel, again, what it was finally like to stay up all night laying next to him, kiss him for the first time, to feel like I was falling in love, and then to ultimately be crushed when he dumped me.

It is now 10 years later and I am married. I have found my match and these boys that I think of from the past are in my thoughts now to entertain me, to bring me back to a time when I was innocent and dreaming. It's been a long time since I have stayed up all night.

This book makes me want to write love notes more often- written to be left in strange places for others to find.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails