Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Summer Lovers


It has been 95 degrees here in LA and it's starting to feel like summer. One of my all time favorite summer movies is Summer Lovers. Made in 1982, this film was the start for actors Peter Gallagher and Daryl Hannah, which could explain some full frontal nude scenes as well as a menage a trois involving olive oil. The film tells the story of a young American couple vacationing in Greece for the summer. They meet a young French woman, an archeologist, and stumble into an affair of sexual discovery. I love this movie mostly because it is shot in Greece, and it is absolutely stunning, but it also makes me nostalgic for the 80's (short high waisted shorts, natural beauty, and Nike cross trainers), and it's a little bit sexy. Embarrassing as it may be, this movie inspired my decision to choose Greece as my honeymoon destination with it's white villages, towering cliffs, and black sand beaches.

Apparently I am not the only one who has seen this movie because I stumbled upon a fan site today, http://www.summer-lovers.net/.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails