Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's Like Heaven....

No Bake Peanut Butter Pie

So...I don't usually blog about food, although I am quite the food lover. Even more so, a dessert lover. I am actually obsessed with desserts. Everyone who knows me knows this. And then particularly, I enjoy finding delicious low-fat desserts...watching the figure of course;)

I made this peanut butter pie for a little soiree over the weekend and it was such an immense hit I thought I would share it. I can't actually take credit for the formulation of the recipe, since it came from All Recipes, but I did make some adjustments. Instead of using the full fat versions of each ingredient, I used fat free cream cheese, reduced fat peanut butter, nonfat milk, and fat free whipped topping. AND it was delicious- low fat and all. In fact, I think we all had seconds...until there was no more to go around :(

If you would like to make your own graham cracker crust, like I did:
*Makes one pie crust*
  • 8 chocolate graham crackers, crushed and crumbled
  • 3 tbsp. of sugar
  • 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine crumbs, sugar, and egg whites; toss with a fork until moist
Press into bottom of a 9" deep dish pie pan coated with cooking spray
Prick crust with a fork before baking
Bake for 10 min. at 350 degrees. Remove and cool.

Another chocolate peanut butter dessert I am dying to try:
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cake with PB & C Ganache

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is now my new fave birthday dessert. Beyond delicious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails