Monday, January 18, 2010

When I fell in love with Anna Karina...


So, in continuing the Every Little Counts anniversary themes (the company, not the blog), we thought we'd share with you this scene from one of our favorite movies, like, ever. Jean-Luc Godard's Band A Part (Band of Outsiders) is pretty well known to fans of French New Wave film, 60's style or Anna Karina, so we won't bore you with the details. This dance is called the Madison, we think, and we would like to say: it is, like, impossible to do! That cross the leg/snap the finger/swing the arm part - always gets away from us...

Don't you wish you could spend all day watching movies?

(Oh, and if you didn't already see the new Spring '10 collection, "A Girl in Love"...check it out here and look for Anna Karina)

6 comments:

Lexi Colby said...

i love watching movies, i could watch them all day!
i just watched factory girl this weekend
you should watch it! love your blog, thanks so much for your comment xox

Jennifer said...

Congrats on your anniversary you guys! You certainly deserve all of your success!

Heart Charlie said...

I love this scene! Congrats on the anniversary! I love watching movies!! I am going to rent Annie Hall on my netflix as we speak :)

fadetoblack said...

just looked at the collection... it is awesome!

reckless daughter said...

I know! she's great, isn't she!?!

tate said...

Tee Hee. I adore this scene. This same clip is on my blog from a few months ago. And referencing the adorable Zooey Deschanel/Joseph Gordon-Levitt video for "Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtVh8kVZ_XM
And I'm convinced that we should all break out in dance scenes in our regular lives! xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails