Here are Morgan's Top 5....
Top 5 Films of Love
1. Wild At Heart – David Lynch is one of my all-time favorite directors and The Wizard of Oz is my all-time favorite movie, so of course I fell in love with this amazing story of Sailor and Lula. (I also named my dog after Lula)
2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind – If ever there was a love story that remotely depicted the relationship I have with my husband, this would be it. (minus the breaking up part.) As we were watching it in the theatre my husband whispered in my ear “you love this movie don’t you.” Yes I do.
3. Before Sunrise/Before Sunset – These movies go hand in hand. It’s such a unique and simple idea and so well-executed with the ever amazing Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy. What’s not to love?
4. The Princess Bride – Anyone who believes in true love has to love this movie.
5. The Umbrellas of Cherbourg - this film is so beautiful and unique. Not all love stories have a happy ending.
Top 5 Books
(this was really hard to narrow down to just five)
1. The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger – Never have I loved a character more than I love Holden Caufield.
2. The 14 Bears: Summer and Winter by Evelyn Scott – I am a huge fan of children’s books and this is my all-time fav. So sad it’s no longer in print.
3. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer– I absolutely loved this book and I don’t care who knows it. As soon as I finished reading it, I picked it up and read it again. And again. And again….
4. The Hottest State by Ethan Hawke– I just stumbled across this book at a used book store when I was in High School and not really into reading at the time. I was however obsessed with Ethan Hawke having just seen Reality Bites and I fell in love with this beautiful and tragically realistic love story. I’m a sucker for love stories written from the male perspective.
5. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger – I wasn’t sure what to expect when I picked up this book, but I was pleasantly surprised. I fell in love with Henry and Claire and all of the cute little details of their everyday life.
Top 5 Artists
1. Robert Rauschenberg – His ability to combine painting and photography with found objects is so inspiring. I was so sad when he passed away last year.
2. Jean-Michel Basquiat – An amazing painter who many artists have tried to copy of the past few decades. No one paints like him.
3. Anselm Kiefer – I love his use of dark and almost ghostly imagery and very inventive materials. His works are so amazing in person.
4. Tim Walker – I just recently discovered his amazing photographs. They are so dreamy and playful.
5. Joseph Cornell – His mixed media installations and shadow boxes are so beautiful and interesting.
Top 5 Crushes of All Time
1. James Dean – Is there anyone more beautiful than him? Such a shame. That boy was so talented.
2. Ethan Hawke – One of his movies and one of his books are in my top 5 so you had to see this coming. There’s just something about him that draws me in. He plays his characters with such soul it’s beautiful to watch.
3. Daniel Day-Lewis – Ever since I saw him in There Will Be Blood, I was hooked. He has a very mysterious almost dangerous look to him, with that menacing grin and those eyes, oh those eyes.
4. Robert Pattinson - He's recent and a little young, but so my type. Tall, lean, no big muscles, pretty eyes, great smile and messy hair.
5. Chase Utley - I've had crushes on many, many baseball players throughout my life, but he's my favorite. He's got such a cute little boy face.
Top 5 Words To Describe Falling In Love...
And now....some of my favorite pieces by MKendall Photography:
"Goodnight Moon" $30
"Violet Mercury" $30