Thursday, May 8, 2008

Satisfaction


I really miss movies like this...
Made in 1988 starring Justine Bateman, Julia Roberts, Trini Alvarado, Britta Phillips, Scott Coffey and Liam Neesan.
Justine Bateman's character Jennie Lee is the lead singer of this Bangles-like band, Mystery. The group spends the summer playing cover songs at a dive bar on the coast owned by Martin Falcon, played by Liam Neesan (who looks pretty sexy despite wearing linen beach-like pants). Justine Bateman looks beautiful in a natural 80's sort of way, although I had to cringe every time she sang really awful songs like "Mister Big Stuff" and "Iko Iko" . The music is pretty bad and Julie Roberts playing guitar made me laugh, but I still love this movie. Scott Coffey plays the recruited boy member of the band. I'm not sure many people remember Scott Coffey- but he also starred another one of my favorite girl movies, Shag. And then there is a cameo by Debbie Harry, although I don't think I would have recognized her in 1988. I was too young then, but not anymore...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Debbie Harry? Now that's a name from the past!

Related Posts with Thumbnails