Friday, November 7, 2008

The Libertine









Last night I watched The Libertine starring Catherine Spaak and Jean- Louis Trintignant, 1969.
The Libertine is considered a classic of late-1960s Euro sex comedies. Since Every Little Counts is all about love, sex, and the 60's, I decided to give it a go.
Catherine Spaak plays Mimi, a widow who discovers her late husband's secret sex lair. After her husband's sexual perversions are unveiled, Mimi decides to embark on her own sexual journey.
The film is worth watching for the costumes and the sets alone, as well as the presence of Jean- Louis Trintignant, who I must admit- I find a little bit sexy (although much more so in A Man and a Woman).
(Forgive the low quality images.. I took them myself. It was getting pretty difficult to find images from the film online, and the costumes absolutely needed to be documented!)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Have you seen the Umbrellas of Cherbourg yet? Candy colored tragedy with Catherine Deneuve.

Every Little Counts said...

Candy colored tragedy... I love it. Yes.. Adam and I watched it a few years ago, but I should refresh my memory.

Related Posts with Thumbnails