Where the Lovely Things Are is one of my all-time favorite blogs and this week we have Mallory, the girl behind it all. Her blog is home to the "loveliest things in the worlds of art and craft and fashion and design." Be sure to check out her blog, but be prepared to be completely overwhelmed by awesome-ness.
And now, here are Mallory's tops...
Top 5 Films
1. Singin' in the Rain
2. Mary Poppins
3. Almost Famous
4. The Shining
5. The Muppet Movie
Top 5 Crushes of All Time
1. Christian Bale as Theodore "Laurie" Laurence in Little Women - Probably my first crush. "Real life" Christian Bale is pretty wonderful too, but I will forever love Laurie. I get mad that he ends up with Amy instead of Jo every time I watch the movie (even though I really wish he'd just end up with me).
2. Leonardo DiCaprio - Christian Bale may have been my first crush, but I think the first time I ever found anyone "sexy" was when I saw Leo in Titanic. In all honesty? Middle-school me used to sit around listening to the Titanic soundtrack & imagine myself with Jack in the back of that car instead of Rose.
3. Paul Rudd
4. Dick Van Dyke - If I could go back in time, I'd totally try to seduce a young Dick Van Dyke.
5. Ryan Gosling
Top 5 Style Icons
1. Jenny Lewis
2. Michelle Williams (I wish I could pull off having my hair super-short like hers...)
3. The couple that is Jack White & Karen Elson
4. Debbie Harry
5. Olivia (from the Olivia the Pig books, yes a picture book character can totally be a style icon... Eloise is pretty stylish too)
Top 5 Songs
1. Let's just count the entirety of Van Morrison's Astral Weeks album as a song.
2. Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue
3. Buffalo Tom - Late at Night - This song reminds me of both of my own high school experience (driving home super-late after an exciting night) and of Angela Chase's on My So-Called Life
5. Rilo Kiley - Silver Lining
5 Words to Describe Falling in Love
5. Ahhh!! (just a scream of excitement and happiness)