Friday, June 11, 2010

Top 5 with "Where the Lovely Things Are"


Where the Lovely Things Are is one of my all-time favorite blogs and this week we have Mallory, the girl behind it all. Her blog is home to the "loveliest things in the worlds of art and craft and fashion and design." Be sure to check out her blog, but be prepared to be completely overwhelmed by awesome-ness.

And now, here are Mallory's tops...

Top 5 Films
1. Singin' in the Rain
2. Mary Poppins
 
3. Almost Famous

4. The Shining

5. The Muppet Movie

Top 5 Books
1. The World According to Garp by John Irving

2. The Lottery and Other Stories by Shirley Jackson

3. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster

4. Twenty Thousand Streets Under the Sky by Patrick Hamilton

5. The Witches by Roald Dahl

Top 5 Crushes of All Time
1. Christian Bale as Theodore "Laurie" Laurence in Little Women - Probably my first crush. "Real life" Christian Bale is pretty wonderful too, but I will forever love Laurie. I get mad that he ends up with Amy instead of Jo every time I watch the movie (even though I really wish he'd just end up with me).

2. Leonardo DiCaprio - Christian Bale may have been my first crush, but I think the first time I ever found anyone "sexy" was when I saw Leo in Titanic. In all honesty? Middle-school me used to sit around listening to the Titanic soundtrack & imagine myself with Jack in the back of that car instead of Rose.

3. Paul Rudd

4. Dick Van Dyke - If I could go back in time, I'd totally try to seduce a young Dick Van Dyke.

5. Ryan Gosling

Top 5 Style Icons
1. Jenny Lewis

2. Michelle Williams (I wish I could pull off having my hair super-short like hers...)

3. The couple that is Jack White & Karen Elson

4. Debbie Harry

5. Olivia (from the Olivia the Pig books, yes a picture book character can totally be a style icon... Eloise is pretty stylish too)

Top 5 Songs  
1. Let's just count the entirety of Van Morrison's Astral Weeks album as a song.

2. Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue


3. Buffalo Tom - Late at Night - This song reminds me of both of my own high school experience (driving home super-late after an exciting night) and of Angela Chase's on My So-Called Life

4. Feist - The Park


5. Rilo Kiley - Silver Lining

5 Words to Describe Falling in Love
1. Giddy
2. Crazy
3. Elation
4. Smiley
5. Ahhh!! (just a scream of excitement and happiness)

6 comments:

mkendall said...

ah! My absolute favorite My So-Called Life moment. That show was so good.

and great picks! The Shining, The Witches, The Lottery and I love the choice of a children's book character as a style icon.

Dusty Rose Vintage said...

ooo, some good stuff on those lists!

we might be at the artists and flea next weekend so we'll be sure to pop by!

Ashley said...

Love this post! Paul Rudd will always be one of my ultimate crushes :)

-Ashley
http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

apparellel said...

love this... on my way to check out her blog. yay!

xxx
t

the clothing menu said...

agree with all 5 of the top crushes. and that buffalo tom scene from MSCL - obsessed!

Jillian said...

Oh my gosh, her blog is adorable! Absolutely love...thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Related Posts with Thumbnails